Gentle Hands members provide physical, emotional and educational support to mothers, during the pregnancy, birth and postpartum periods. Our members have provided us with general information and phone numbers for referral purposes only. Gentle Hands is NOT responsible for the actions of an individual member. It is your right, as a consumer, to verify the baby nurse’s education, experience, integrity, references and services provided.
Questions to Ask a Baby Nurse or Doula
- What kind of training have you had?
- What kind of experience as a baby nurse or doula have you had?
- How many families have you served?
- What is your philosophy regarding parenting and about supporting women and their families during the postpartum period?
- What is your fee and what does it include?
- May we meet before the baby arrives to discuss our needs and what services you offer?
- What is your experience in offering breastfeeding support?
- Have you had a recent TB test?
- Do you have current CPR certification?
You may want to interview more than one postpartum care Doulas or a Baby Nurse to find the right one for you.